Home » Compare Building Surveys

Compare Building Surveys

Published on 29 August 2020 at 16:23

Building Surveys are a report that details the condition of a property. Building surveys are carried out by a Chartered Surveyor who will be a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)

Being a member of The RICS requires professional standards of work and gives you as a customer the confidence you are dealing with a reputable Surveyor.


Hiring a Building Surveyor

When hiring a building surveyor make sure they are members of a Trade body like RICS or another recognized body. Before appointing a Surveyor make sure they are fully qualified and registered and if possible do a search for reviews from other customers which will be available if you are hiring a surveyor from a comparison site. Prices for surveys can vary so base your decision on quality and reputation rather than price.


Why Should I Get A Building Survey?

A Building Survey is required identify any problems that may exist within a property before you finalise an agreement to purchase. To find any problems with a property you will need experienced Building Surveyor who knows exactly what to look for. Using a good surveyor can save you lots of time and money.

Building Surveys are also known as Full Structural Surveys as they provide an analysis of the properties construction and condition. Building Surveys are recommended for older houses, dilapidated properties and buildings that have been altered.


Are There Other Types Of Survey?

If you are moving into a new property then you can get a Home Buyer Report instead of a Building Survey. This report follows a format specified by the RICS and used where it is expected that major issues such a structural damage are unlikely.


Your mortgage lender may also request a Valuation Report.


«   »